Sorry for the lack of updates on the blog the past couple of weeks. I know that your world does not revolve around whether or not I post on here, but I always like to maintain a level of consistency when it comes to my writing.
The main reason for my lack of writing was SULPHUR SPRINGS WORKCAMP 2011. SSWC is the camp that I founded 5 years ago and that I currently direct. Last week 400+ students and adults pulled together from 15+ churches to paint and restore 25 homes in the Sulphur Springs, Texas area.
I wanted to take a moment just to thank all the groups of people who made SSWC2011 happen. Hundreds and hundreds of people pulled together to pull off this incredible event.
- 25 HOMEOWNERS, who let us paint your house.
- SPONSORS, who gave money, deals, time, resources, etc.
- SHANNON OAKS CHURCH, for being amazing hosts.
- SULPHUR SPRINGS SCHOOL SYSTEM, for being so awesome in letting hundreds of students sleep in Sulphur Springs High School and Sulphur Springs Middle School.
- ADULTS WHO STAYED AT THE CHURCHES AT NIGHT. You are brave.
- KITCHEN CREW, who worked all day every day to make sure we had food. You went above and beyond. I have heard many students say that it is the best camp food they’ve ever had.
- STUDENTS, who stepped up to the plate to work and paint 25 houses.
- CREW LEADERS, who led those students and made sure the 25 houses were finished.
- SECTION LEADERS, 7 men who helped crew leaders, bought supplies, and trouble-shooted.
- MEDIA/TECH TEAM, who filmed/edited video, took pictures, ran lights, ran sound, and much much more. You guys are unbelievably talented.
- TAYLOR MASON, thank you for using your ventriloquist skills and bringing the funny to the SSWC stage.
- SSWC20101 WORSHIP LEADER CODY CARNES, thank you for taking us every night directly to God’s throne.
- SSWC2011 COMMUNICATOR BRANDON MITCHELL, you’ve been a part of SSWC since the beginning and can’t wait to work with you next year. God spoke through you.
- YOUTH PASTORS & LEADERS WHO BROUGHT GROUPS, thank you for seeing the need and buying into the SSWC vision.
- SSWC LEADERSHIP TEAM, who is a group of people who really pull this off. We plan and meet all year around to make sure SSWC happens.
- MY PARTNER AND SSWC CO-DIRECTOR BEN VOS, who planned and organized all of the work projects for SSWC2011.
- LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ALL GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE GOES TO GOD. WE DO THIS BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH YOU LOVE US. OUR PRAYER IS THAT YOU ARE MORE FAMOUS TODAY BECAUSE OF SSWC2011. GLORY TO GOD FOREVER!!!