I thought you deserved your own personal post on the blog (If you are reading this and you are not my mom, that’s ok, but the intention is for my mom.) You may have heard these words before, but they are still 100% true.
I just wanted to thank you for being such an incredible mom. Your unconditional love and support means more than you will ever know. There are a few things in this world that I have never been able to doubt and my mom loving me was one of those things I could never doubt.
And I am so excited for you to become a grandma. There is no doubt in my mind that you are going to spoil Jordan and be the best grandma on the planet.
Before I end this letter, I want to thank you for…
- Changing my diapers when I was a baby.
- Tucking me in at night.
- Leaving the door cracked or the nightlight on when I was scared.
- Buying me Dinosaur and baseball sheets.
- Reading Bible stories to me before bed.
- Letting Dad buy all those baseball cards.
- Letting me get my big sister in trouble.
- Watching all those soap operas so that I had to go outside, play sports, and be active.
- Making incredible fruit salad and sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving.
- Christmas stockings!!!
- Cleaning up my messes.
- Letting me use you as the reason I couldn’t do something when I really didn’t want to anyways but didn’t have the guts to say that. You never minded taking blame in that situation.
- Letting me read to you after taking Lesley to SSMS.
- Letting me go on my first date even after the Cutlas was wrecked and we had a rental.
- Not letting me have a TV in my room.
- Our Thanksgiving trip to Ensenada.
- Always getting me what I needed and most of what I wanted.
- Not making church optional growing up.
- Loving and accepting my wife as your own daughter.
- Showing me what it is like to be a hardcore baseball fan.
- Letting Kate live with you & Dad so she could stay in the family.
- Being an awesome grandma to Gaby and Stella (and soon to be Jordan too).
- Thanks for already buying us all the important baby stuff.
- Supporting Heather and I in our move to OKC.
- Most importantly, thanks for leading and pushing me towards to God. By far the most important thing you have done for me is laying the foundation of faith that has completely transformed my life.
I love you, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day.