The Cromer family is changing. Before your mind starts racing, we are not having a kid…yet. However, there is some big, important news regarding our furry kids (dogs).
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Cromer family…Stella.
Stella is a pure-bred, registered English Bulldog who is almost 7 weeks old. Right now she is still living with her mother and siblings, but will be moving to Oklahoma City in the next couple of weeks.
With the addition of Stella, we had to make a tough decision. Our incredibly awesome pound dog Kate will be moving to Tennessee to live with my parents. This was a very difficult, bittersweet decision for Heather and I to make.
Here are all the factors & reasons for making this decision:
- We have always wanted an English Bulldog. We weren’t looking for one, but an opportunity to get one from a great friend was too hard to pass up.
- The combination of a Basset Hound with an English Bulldog is going to be awesome. There will be plenty of laziness, extra skin, and slobber in my house.
- I refuse to have 3 inside dogs – especially 3 of the (how can I put this nicely???) plus size variety.
- Kate loves the outdoors. She loves to run around free, chase stuff, and explore. My parents currently live in the middle of 22,000+ acres of woods. She will be in heaven.
- Since living in Tennessee earlier this year for 6 months, Kate has developed a really aggressive personality towards other dogs. That is bad when you live in a neighborhood full of dogs and people who walk their dogs. She has gotten in 4-5 brawls already. We don’t want to be known as the neighbors with the uncontrollable, bully dog.
- Kate freaks out around little kids. She hides and acts very strange around kids. Believe it or not, Heather and I are thinking about our future and the possibility of having kids in the near future. We can’t have Kate freaking out and attacking a kid because they insisted on being in her zone.
- Kate will still be in the family and will be taken care of. There is no better place for her to be than with my parents. We wouldn’t have made this decision unless she could have gone there.
It has been a tough decision to make, but we are excited. We will be driving to Kate tomorrow and will be getting Stella in the next few weeks.