Do any of you enjoy living out of a suitcase? I’m not a big fan.
Today we are officially halfway through our four weeks of traveling and living out of a suitcase. We have had a great week in Oklahoma City. Here are some of the highlights of our few days here:
- I had the privilege to communicate at the Revolution youth service.
- Got introduced as the new student pastor at all three NORTHchurch services.
- Enjoyed two connect groups (small groups)
- An awesome get-to-know-you, volleyball-playin, burger-eatin pool party and cookout with a lot of the students, youth leaders, and parents.
- High school baseball and late night Mexican food with the Fouts family in downtown OKC.
- Looked at way too many houses, including the house that NORTHchurch is so graciously providing for us until our house sells.
- Learning the mean streets of Edmond/Oklahoma City
- We did laundry in a laundry mat.
- Heather and I had a great date where we watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Today we are leaving with the NORTHchurch students to go to Dry Gulch Camp. We will be there the next few days growing closer, having fun, playing games, and worshipping our guts out. We will leave that camp a day early on Wednesday to fly from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Dallas, Texas. We will arrive in Dallas around 9:30pm Wednesday night, drive back to Sulphur Springs, do as much laundry as time will allow, and finally drive back to the Dallas airport at 2am to catch a flight to New York City. We will be going on an eleven day mission trip with high school students and adults from Shannon Oaks Church to the Bronx. We cannot wait.
God is going to do some amazing things in the next two weeks; we just need to have enough clean underwear.