“Are you hurting? Pray. Do you feel great? Sing. Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. Believing-prayer will heal you, and Jesus will put you on your feet. And if you’ve sinned, you’ll be forgiven – healed inside and out. Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with.” – James 5:13-16 (The Message)
Prayer is powerful. Prayer works. I want to be praying for you. I want you to be praying for me. I want to open myself up to you more for prayer. Whether it is successes, failures, praise reports, illness, struggles, a 3rd party, or whatever the reason, I want to be praying for you. My commitment to you is this: if you take the time to let me know of something that you want prayed for, I promise I will pray for you. l hope this can be a weekly segment on the blog.
This week I’m praying for…
- REED WHITE. I’m praying for his continued health. I’m praying for a full miraculous healing. I’m praying for a healthy heart to come available. I’m praying that he will soon be out of the hospital and driving Mom & Dad crazy at home.
- RYAN & KEELEY WHITE – parents of Reed. I pray for strength, peace, and resolve beyond what you have ever experienced. God will provide for you guys and Reed. I speak that truth over your family today. He will provide a heart and a healing touch. You will see him graduate high school. You will see him in a tux at his first prom. You will bust him making out with a girl. You will move him into his college dorm. (For updates on the White family, CLICK HERE.)
- SCOTT & ERIN PITTMAN. This wonderful couple are now pregnant and expecting their first child sometime this summer. Scott is one of my best friends and was my roommate in college for many years.
- ERIC CHONG. I met Eric this summer while I was in China. He currently lives in Hong Kong, China and is trying to get to America soon. I am specifically praying that his visa application process goes smoothly.
- CHRISTINE LIU. My sweet, beautiful sister is starting classes this week at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I pray for clarity in her communication and understanding. I also pray that any stress or anxiety will melt away. Finally, I pray that she will make and develop life-long relationships centered around the Father.
- SOC/SM TEENS. I pray for these guys everyday. This week I am specifically praying for their 2009 spiritual goals that they set last Wednesday night at REVIVE. I pray that every goal they set comes to fruition this year. Give them discipline and resolve to finish strong.
- FRANK GRAY. Frank is the new Senior Pastor at the Shannon Oaks Church. He and his family will move here sometime in February. Welcome! We are excited that you and your family are coming to Sulphur Springs to live life with us.
- BEN VOS. My ministry partner-in-crime is in Michigan this week working on his master’s degree.
- LISA VOS – Ben’s wife. Being away from your significant other for so long can be tough.
- LOCAL CHURCH I’M PRAYING FOR THIS WEEK – FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH. I try to pray every week for a local church. Hey, there’s no competition. We are all on the same team. I just want more people to know Jesus.
- There are a couple more, but for the sake of confidentiality and privacy, I will keep those unspoken to the general public.
What else? What did I miss? What can I be praying for you this week?