I found this article in Mens Health unbelievable and incredibly interesting. I enjoy being healthy and pushing others to being more health-conscious, so I hope this helps. After doing research, here is the 20 worst foods in America with their nutritional content:
20. WORST FAST FOOD CHICKEN MEAL – Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald’s (5 pieces) with creamy ranch sauce. 830 calories. 55g fat (4.5g trans fat). 48g carbs. If you add a large fries and regular soda and this meal tops out at 1,710 calories.
19. WORST DRINK – Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo’d Power Smoothie (30 fl oz). 900 calories. 10g fat. 183g carbs. 166g sugar. This smoothie is officially an undercover milkshake. In fact, this drink contains more sugar than two pints of Ben & Jerry’s Butter Pecan ice cream.
18. WORST SUPERMARKET MEAL – Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie). 1,020 calories. 64g fat. 86g carbs. The label says this dish serves two, but who ever divides a small pot pie in half?
17. WORST “HEALTHY” BURGER – Ruby Tuesday Bella Turkey Burger. 1,145 calories. 71g fat. 56g carbs. Ruby Tuesday actually advertises this burger has “healthy.”
16. WORST MEXICAN ENTREE – Chipotle Mexican Grilled Chicken Burrito. 1,179 calories. 7g fat. 125g carbs. 2,656 mg sodium. Chipotle is a restaurant with a reputation for using healthy, fresh ingredients. Really?
15. WORST KIDS’ MEAL – Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese. 1,210 calories, 62g fat, 3,450 mg sodium. It is the equivalent of feeding your child 1 & 1/2 boxes of Kraft mac-n-cheese.
14. WORST SANDWICH – Quizno’s Classic Italian. 1370 calories. 86g fat. 4490 mg sodium. In comparison, a large homemade sandwich would more than likely provide about 500 calories.
13. WORST SALAD – On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef. 1,450 calories. 102g fat. 78g carbs. 2,410 mg sodium. We already covered taco salads in our Real Men of Genius conversation. ”Is your taco salad healthy? Of course it is, it’s a salad, isn’t it?”
12. WORST BURGER – Carl’s Jr. Double Six Dollar Burger. 1,520 calories. 111g fat. Carl’s Jr even puts this burgers nutritional content on its website and people still eat it.
11. WORST STEAK – Lonestar 20 oz T-Bone. 1,540 calories. 124g fat. Add a baked potato and Lonestar’s signature Lettuce Wedge, and this is a 2,700-calorie blowout.
10. WORST BREAKFAST – Bob Evens Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes. 1,540 calories. 77g fat (9g trans fat). 198g carbs. 109g sugar. I can understand why people could justify this one – bananas, pecans, etc…sounds healthy.
9. WORST DESSERT – Chili’s Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. 1,600 calories. 78g fat. 215g carbs. This dish is equivalent to eating three Big Macs.
8. WORST CHINESE ENTREE – P.F. Chang’s Pork Lo Mein. 1,820 calories. 127g fat. 95g carbs. Equivalent in carbs to eating five servings of pasta.
7. WORST CHICKEN ENTREE – Chili’s Honey Chipotle Crispers with Chipotle Sauce. 2,040 calories. 99g fat. 240g carbs. ”Crispers” simply means extra-thick layer of bread crumbs that soaks up oil and adds unnecessary calories and carbs.
6. WORST FISH ENTREE - On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans. 2,100 calories. 130g fat. 169g carbs. 4,750 mg sodium. Eating a dozen crunch tacos from Taco Bell will give you less calories. TIP – Don’t eat fish at Mexican restaurants.
5. WORST PIZZA – Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza. 2,310 calories. 162g fat. 123g carbs. 4,470 mg sodium. Equivalent to eating 18 slices of Domino’s Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza.
4. WORST PASTA - Macaroni Grill Spaghetti and Meatballs with Meat Sauce. 2,430 calories. 128g fat. 207g carbs. 5,290 mg sodium. This meal satisfies your calorie requirements for an entire day.
3. WORST NACHOS – On the Border Stacked Border Nachos. 2,740 calories. 166g fat. 191g carbs. 5,280 mg sodium. Still not good for you if you eat this dish with a crew of eight.
2. WORST STARTER – Chili’s Awesome Blossom. 2,710 calories. 203g fat. 194g carbs. 6,360 mg sodium. Hard to believe that a single onion can wreak so much nutritional havoc, but batter and fry anything and serve it with a rich dipping sauce and you’re bound to do some damage.
1. WORST FOOD IN AMERICA – Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing. 2,900 calories. 182g fat. 240g carbs. Even if you split this “starter” with three friends, you’ll have downed a dinner’s worth of calories before your entree arrives. Follow this up with steak, sides, and a dessert and you could easily break the 3,500 calorie barrier.
Isn’t that information incredible. What is crazy is that there is a good chance that I have gone to Chili’s where in one night I ordered an Awesome Blossom for a starter, Honey Chipotle Crispers for my entree, and a Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie for dessert. That is a whopping 6,350 calories, 380g fat, and 649g carbs in one sitting. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power.